Can I get a Mommy makeover and the fat taken out of me? Can I have that transferred into my butt????

Hi, i wanted to get a mommy makeover but i was told that when getting this procedure done the doctor pulls fat out the stomach area to flatten your stomach. So i was wondering can that fat be transferred into my butt? Only concerns i have is that i once got into an accident and it required me to be on blood thinners because i had blood cloths, wil getting these procedures be harmful to me?

Tummy tuck & BBL

The procedure term for removing fat from your abdomen and using it in your butt is a brazilian butt lift. And yes, it can be combined with a tummy tuck. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. Let them know about your blood thinners at that time. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question. Medical history such as blood clots will be important for your Plastic Surgeon to evaluate before planning your surgery with you. I recommend that you seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in these procedures and book an in person consultation so that they can examine you and offer options.

All the best

You should obtain medical clearance before considering surgery.  The operation should be tailored to your specifications and anatomy to produce a dramatic result. Seek out a plastic surgeon who has performed these combination procedures hundreds of times and has a great number of reviews and before and after pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

Mommy Make Over with Fat Transfer

Thank You for your question.  First I would highly suggest you schedule consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to be properly evaluated and to discuss your medical history.  This will ensure the proper safe guards are put in place pre-, surgical, & post operatively as it relates to your medical history with blood clots.  Now to answer your question in general, yes you can have fat transferred from one area of your body into your buttocks when having a Mommy Make Over.  I hope this helps and Good Luck with selecting your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.    

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make-over with fat injections into butt

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• If you are having liposuction, the fat can definitely be harvested and injected into the buttocks.
  • Your surgeon will check your general health and advise you about the risks -
  • If you are having a tummy tuck, with your past history of blood clots, it is probably wise to have the liposuction with fat injections done separately.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover With Fat Transfer

Thank you very much for your question.

Yes, a combination of a tummy tuck, and liposuction with placing the fat in the buttocks (the Brazilian Butt Lift) can be done at the same time in properly selected patients.  Regarding your blood thinners, you can have this surgery done, however there will need to be a close conversation between your plastic surgeon and the doctor managing your anticoagulant medications around the time of surgery.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who will examine you, and come up with a good plan after discussing your goals.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon