Should I get a mini or full tummy tuck? (Photo)

I have 2 kids and my mid section is very wrinkled. I have lots of loose skin, but will I need a mini or full tummy tuck?

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser Hi definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Should I get a mini or full tummy tuck?

Why should I have a Tummy Tuck operation?

If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Preparation :

Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

TUMMY TUCK

Looks like you can benefit with a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flat abdomen. Please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

Hi Reneereed,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you a full Tummy Tuck as the most recommendable procedure for you. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini or full tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and photos. Assuming you have completed your family and don't plan any more pregnancies, you would best be served by a full tummy tuck with plication or tightening of the abdominal wall muscles.  The loose skin of the abdomen will not tighten no matter how many crunches or planks you do. You also appear to have an umbilical hernia that can be addressed at the time of a tummy tuck. Tightening the abdominal wall muscles will enhance your core tone and help improve your posture as well. I can tell you that most plastic surgeons would LOVE to get their hands on you! You can expect a very nice result!Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area (there are lots of good ones there!)Best wishes,Michael Morrissey,MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Full tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tuck

You will do much better with a full tummy tuck. the mini tuck will not address the wrinkled skin above your belly button. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a mini or full tummy tuck

The mini tummy tuck would leave the skin above the level of your belly button less tight than the lower and would look odd. I think a full tummy tuck will correct fore of the loose skin around your belly button and give you a better result

Julio Garcia, MD