What would be the best method for me to get rid of belly fat/love handles/back fat? (photos)

I am 23 years old and 170 lbs. I have been fairly active throughout my life. Played many sports growing up, go to the gym regularly and eat relatively healthy. I've had a fat stomach for as long as I can remember and I can not get rid of it. I'm looking for something that will give me the best results in getting rid of my stomach, love handles and back fat.

The best way to address concerns about your body and I have this discussion with my patients all the time is to make sure your body has reached an ideal weight. I ask my patients to reduce their body mass index by dieting and exercise on a regular basis. once you have reached your goals then schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with liposuction.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

How to address belly/back fat and love handles

You should start by eating a healthy diet and combine this with regular exercise. Once you have reached your ideal/goal weight, you can consider surgical intervention. Based on your pictures, I feel you would benefit from liposuction to the areas that concern you. It is important to remember that the best way to maintain your postsurgical results is with continued healthy eating and regular exercise.
Good luck!

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo to the rescue

Assuming you're in overall good health you may be a candidate for Smartlipo. You must also continue to adhere to a healthy lifestyle. Seek consultation with a BCPS.  

good luck 

Dr. Burnett

What would be the best method for me to get rid of belly fat/love handles/back fat?

Liposuction is a good option for someone your age if you cannot get results with lifestyle changes. 

See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Hi, thanks for posting your pictures and for your inquiry. Liposuction is an aid to get rid of stubborn localized fat that won't go away with exercise and/or diet. It is not a tool to lose weight but of course that will help achieving goals. It would be better if you be around your ideal weight so  you can achieve a more dramatic result. For the diet I would suggest no gluten, no dairy products, and no red meat for a while. Eating small portions of balanced food 5-6 times a day would help to accelerate your metabolism. Cardio 3 to 5 days a week is also very important. Please have an in person consultation so you can discuss your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly, good luck in your PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The best way to rid to belly/flanks/back fat

From the photo, it looks like you have fat accumulation in the abdomen and flanks. The best method to give you a sculpted contour is liposuction. However, you should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon for a fial recommendations. Good luck 

Mytien Goldberg, MD, FACS

Issue with body

I think that more information is required.  Height would be helpful.. Liposuction can help patients who are realistic in their goals.  You may be a candidate for liposuction.

Treatment for excess fat

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Liposuction may help - but only if it motivates you to lose weight.
  • Your photo suggests that at 170 pounds, you may be quite overweight for your height.
  • You are young - and being overweight will shorten your life by leading to a range of chronic diseases.
  • It is excellent that you are active and eat healthy food.
  • Chances are however that you are overeating for the exercise you get.
  • More exercise and fewer calories are the key to weight loss.
  • If looking better after liposuction will persuade you to lose weight - it is a good investment.
  • If it seems an easy way to look good without any change in eating/exercise - it will look nice for a while but you will regain the weight in time, although most will go to new places.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Get rid of belly fat.

If you have hit your limit with diet and exercise, liposuction of the abdomen may help kick-start further progress in geting rid of fat there as long as you can remember. If your goals are realistic liposuction might be right for you.

Options to achieve your desired results

Based on your photos and the areas you want to address, you may need to consider an abdominoplasty in combination with liposuction. The abdominoplasty will help to improve the appearance of your abdomen while tightening your abdominal muscles. Your plastic surgeon may then use liposuction to create contours in your waist and back areas by removing areas of unwanted pockets of fat.

I would suggest that you consult with at least one board certified plastic surgeon in your area to help determine the best surgery for you.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon