Are Lymphatic Massages necessary after a Brazilian Butt Lift and when should they be started?

Lipo from back, flanks and stomach; fat transferred to butt and hips

Brazilian Butt Lift / Liposuction/Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture/ Fat Grafting/ High Definition Procedures / Revision BBL

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as each surgeon has their own specific post op protocol.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Massage after liposuction and fat transfer

This is something you should talk to your plastic surgeon about.

Let me preface my answer by first saying that my practice is exclusively devoted to only two procedures.

Liposuction and fat transfer.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

There is no evidence that lymphatic massage improves long-term outcomes after a BBL. It is up to you and your surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Lymphatic massage after BBL

Thank you for your questions. In my experience, lymphatic massage after BBL can be helpful starting 2-3 weeks after surgery, but it is by no means necessary. Don't hesitate to ask your plastic surgeon his or her preference. Best of luck.

Michael J. Denk, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon