Why am I losing so much hair!? (photos)

I've been fighting hairloss for 2yrs and im really depressed bec i cannot pin point the main problem. I always change shampoo to check what's best for me. This morning i found hair on my pillow and it has hard sebum in the roots. I dont have any problem with thyroid nor serious illness. I wash my hair 2 times a day. Please help. I dont really know what to do.

Loosing hair

There are several reasons why hair loss start to occur. An in-person consultation with an experienced surgeon will give you an accurate assessment of your condition. An evaluation based on pictures of your head from different angles may also be performed in order to provide you with more details.  I recommend the usage of Finasteride to prevent your hair loss, particularly if MPB runs in your family.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning Hair -- Rogaine, Propecia, Viviscal, Progesterone, PRP

Thinning Hair -- Rogaine, Propecia, Viviscal, Progesterone, PRPIf you have thinning hair you really need an evaluation to see if it is genetic or from another cause like stress or autoimmune. If it is determined to be genetic there are many options and traditional treatments like rogaine foam and propecia pills can be used. I have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp to the scalp. Postmenopausal women also benefit from spironolactone. I suggest seeing a dermatologist with expertise in hair loss. Best, Dr. Emer.

You need an exam and possibly tests. You need to see a doctor.

A doctor needs to examine you first. A doctor may ask you questions pertinent to your hair loss taking a medical history. A doctor may even order blood tests or make measurement such as a bulk test or miniaturization test looking at your hair under a microscope. Afterwards, the doctor may give you a diagnosis and explanation of your hair loss condition offering possible treatment plans which may or may not include surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I'm losing hair, what should I do?

First, you should see a doctor. Your biggest enemy is the progressive nature of balding that comes about from genetic male patterned hair loss which is the most common type of hair loss that impact young men. What will happen in the next 5 or so years is probably that you will continue losing hair if you have genetic balding. Your hair may look ok now, but this is the time to meet with a good doctor who can make the correct diagnosis and start you on the drug finasteride, which is highly effective at stopping progressive balding and possibly reversing it in men of your age. Get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine where your present balding as of now, and then after you go on the medications, such measurements will tell if the treatment is working. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern which the Bulk Measurements will show over a one year time frame, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon