How long does Juvederm for lips and cheeks lasts?

Duration of filler is linked to motion

The more motion that is present, the shorter the duration will be. Some areas of fillers in the lips for example will last longer than others. The duration of filler in the white roll can be long lasting, possibly greater than a year. The duration of results in the naso-labial fold is probably the shortest, possibly as short as 5-7 months. Volume can persist despite the onset of particle breakdown, which starts within weeks, because the water molecules that are bound to the HA matrix don't decrease until a critical amount of filler has broken down.

Independence Plastic Surgeon

How long does Juvederm last

Juvederm XC can last from 6-12 months, depending on the person and where it is injected.  Filler in the lips does not last as long.  Voluma can last 18-24 months in the cheeks, depending on the person.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good Luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and results

juvederm lasts 9-12 months in most cases. I suggest you see an expert for treatment to get the best outcome.  Dr. Emer.

Juvederm duration

The duration of Juvederm is dependent on the amount used and the location it is placed. Lips will last about 4 months and cheeks up to a year. Voluma is a better choice for the cheeks. Please see link that addresses this very question.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for your question.  In general the same dermal filler placed into the lips will not last as long as when placed into the cheeks due to the more frequent motion that the lips will impart on the filler.  I would tell patients to expect between 4-6 months for the lips and 6-8 months for the cheeks.  Hope this helps.

Duration of fillers in the lips and cheeks

Although everyone is a little different, Juvederm in the lips lasts about 6 months, depending on how much they use their lips. Voluma in the cheeks lasts 18-24 months. 

I recommend a full consultation so your face may be evaluated for a safe and effective treatment plan. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips and cheeks

Typically juvederm for lips takes about 6-8 months while the cheek area may take up to 9 months.  The movement of your mouth is much more frequent, so your body reabsorbs it faster.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Juvederm

Juvederm in the lips will last approximately 6 months. Because of the amount of muscle movement with eating, kissing and talking, it has a tendency to break down faster here than anywhere else. Juvederm in the cheeks would probably be Voluma, and it can last for 2 years.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Juaderm duration

Fillers very in the duration.  But Juvaderm last about one year.  If the filler is redone within that time period, less volume will be needed to achieve the same correction.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Juvederm Last?

Thank you for your question.  Juvederm is a great product, with results that can last up to one year.  I suggest that my patients think about a touch-up at around 8 months after initial treatment in order to best maintain their result.  An earlier touch-up may also allow for use of less product to maintain the same result.  Please keep in mind that Juvederm will only last 6-8 months in the lips due to the frequent movements in that area.  Depending on your goals and expectations, you may wish to consider Voluma for your cheeks.  Voluma is another great Juvederm product, designed for a deeper injection in the cheek area, and with results lasting for up to two years.  I would advise you to see an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an in-person consultation in order to best determine which product, or combination of products, might be right for you.  Best wishes!