How long does Restylane last?

Hello I've developed bags under my eyes the beginning of the year with some hollowness. Does anyone thing surgery is the best or restylane would do. If restylane hoe long does that last

Restylane vs. Surgery

Restylane in the tear trough area can last anywhere between 9 to 12 months on average.  I typically would recommend non surgical procedures first.  However, it is best for you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon first to see what he or she recommends for you.  

Good luck and hope this helps.

Proper treatment for eyelid bags

Thank you for sharing your question. There are several treatments for puffy eyelid bags. Treatment depends on the severity of the problem. An experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon can give you proper guidance to treat the bags. Restylane lasts about 6 months.  Good luck, 

How long does Restylane last?

Thank you for your question.  Restylane generally lasts at least 9 months.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Restylane under eyes

It is difficult to determine what would be your best treatment option without examining you. Restylane can last up to a year when injected under the eyes.  I recommend you seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for posting your question. Restylane is a hyaluronic filler that is naturally broken down by the body after 3 to 6 months. The good thing about using Restylane before going with surgeries is that its effect is reversible. I recommend that you meet with an experienced, board certified physician for an in-person consultation to address your specific goals. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does Restylane last for

It would be better if there was a photo to address your concerns. That being said if you did Restylane it could last 18 to 24 months depending on your metabolism, it could be more or less.

How long does Restylane last?

A picture would be very helpful for the best assessment. If you are concerned more about the hollowness, then a filler such as Restylane would work fine in this area and should last somewhere between 18-24 months depending on your body's metabolism of the product. There is not much muscle movement there, so the product tends to last longer. If the bags are what concerns you, then this may require surgery to remove. An in person consultation would be best. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Restylane beneath the eyes - a good option for many patients

It's not possible to answer your question without being able to see your facial anatomy.  Generally speaking, Restylane can be used to treat undereye hollows with great results.  This is a sensitive area, so I would recommend going to a Dermatologist with lots of experience treating this area.  Some patients have effects lasting an entire year in this area.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does Restylane last?

Restylane typically lasts 6 to 9 months but may last longer in some areas, especially around the eyes. However, injections in this area require a very experienced injector as bad results are common. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS