Will lipo get rid of visceral fat, if I have that type of fat will I still get a good result from lipo?

Visceral Fat is Not Treated by Liposuction

Liposuction is best utilized to treat diet and exercise resistant fat deposits located in your subcutaneous layer just below the skin. (typically what you can pinch between your fingers)  Visceral fat however is deeper internal fat and not treated by liposuction. Weight loss is needed to decease visceral fat.

Often patients have a combination of these two types of fat.  To determine your likelihood of improvement with liposuction you would need to be examined in person by a qualified surgeon. They could inform you about how much of your fat is subcutaneous and how much is visceral.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for visceral fat

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Visceral fat is the internal fat around our liver, stomach, and other organs.
  • It cannot be removed with liposuction - only with weight loss.
  • Liposuction only removed fat that lies under the skin -
  • So if you have a lot of visceral fat, liposuction will not help you.
  • Have a consultation with a plastic surgeon however to be sure your self-evaluation is correct.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Will lipo get rid of visceral fat.

Fat deposits inside of the abdomen, visceral fat, is fat that cannot be reached by liposuction. We think of this as rather bad fat which is unhealthy but will responnd to a change in diet.

of visceral fat, if I have that type of fat will I still get a good result from lipo?

Liposuction can't get rid of visceral fat because there is a large risk of the cannula puncturing a vital organ. Liposuction can only remove fat outside the abdominal cavity and your results would depend on how much of that fat you have. Without examining you it's impossible to give you a sense of whether you would have good results or not because there is no other way to know how much fat lies inside and outside your abdominal wall. The only way to know is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Will lipo get rid of visceral fat, if I have that type of fat will I still get a good result from lipo

Thank you for your question. Liposuction will not remove visceral fat.  Diet and exercise is the only way to improve viceral fullness. Best WIshes

#liposuction

Liposuction is not a treatment for visceral fat. for that you will have to seek advice form a medical doctor to devise a plan of diet and exercises and perhaps even oral Statins if needed. Liposuction unfortunately, is not going to help

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

Visceral fat

Liposuction can only get rid of subcutaneous fat.  Visceral or intraabdominal fat is the fat below your abdominal muscle and surrounds you internal organs.  This can only be eliminated with diet or exercise.  

John Burns, MD

Liposuction

I appreciate your question.
Liposuction will not get rid of internal (visceral) fat. The best way to do this is weight loss

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Visceral fat

Liposuction does not treat visceral fat. Visceral fat is that fat that is below the muscle and on top of the organs.

Will lipo get rid of visceral fat

Thank you for your question. Visceral fat is the fat around your organs/intestine below the muscle. Lipo is only for fat above the muscle. Hence lipo will not get rid off your visceral fat. You can loose that by loosing weight by diet and exercise or with bariatric surgery.