Can I do without a lift and just get implants to achieve perky breasts? (photo)

If the implants are large enough and high profile can I still get a good lift and have perky breast or will they still be saggy?

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for sharing an appropriate picture. You do seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. Unfortunately, implants alone do not provide much of a lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Can I do without a lift and just get implants to achieve perky breasts

Implants do one thing and one thing only, and that is to make your breast larger. An implant does not lift a breast. For short period of time the skin will be fuller and it appears it is lifted, but if you measure where the new breast mound is, it is where you started. I think if you want a perky breast that you will need a lift as well as the implant

Julio Garcia, MD

Looks like a lift is needed

it is difficult to tell based on photographs alone.

Measurements obtained at an in person consultation  are more helpful to determine the best options for you.

If your nipple is more than four inches from your breast crease (underwire area), it is highly likely that you will need a lift. The amount of lift required will determine and guide the type of incision that is used.

Can I do without a lift and just get implants to achieve perky breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photograph  you do have ptosis especially on the right side and a combination breast lift with implants may be her best option.  Breast implants will not lift the breast.  To understand the risks of implants alone please read the following Link:

Just get implants to achieve perky breasts?

What you suggest might work out very well, as if the implant is full enough to fill out the skin envelope a lift can be avoided.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a breast lift. Your nipple sits below the inframammary fold and without a lift in addition to the implant, this will not have a natural shape.  A breast lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

High profile implants are a good choice

You are on the right track!  You have just a minimal amount of loose skin and good position of the nipple/areola.  I would choose a high profile silicone implant and place it on top of the muscle, your nipple will elevate about an inch and you save yourself the lift scar.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

It is very unlikely that you will have perky breasts without a lift. Implants will look good at first, then drop down. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS