Do I need a lift if I'm getting 500cc implants? My nipples face down to much. (photos)

I have gone to a surgeon and he said I would need a lollipop lift, and that way he could add 500cc because I want the biggest he could put it. I just have seen so many negative pictures of girls and now I'm scared and worried. Do I really need a lift?

Do I need a lift if I'm getting 500cc implants? My nipples face down to much.

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Breast lift

Based on the photos submitted a mastopexy (lift) is needed to leave you with a perkier, more youthful looking breast. A mastopexy will allow your physician to reposition your nipples and correct the ptosis (droopiness) of your breast. An implant will provide fullness in the upper breasts however a sizing session with your physician is recommended. A 500cc implant is a large implant and will certainly contribute to stretching of the skin and ptosis in the long term. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss different techniques for these procedures as well as to discuss measurements and sizing of an implant to be sure to leave you with a result you are happy with. A full examination of your breasts will allow your physician to provide you with the ideal techniques and procedures that best suit your expectation. Best of luck to you. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Based on your pictures, a lift will be needed to get a nice result. In most cases, the scars look much better over time. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Do you need a breast lift

From your photographs, it seems she will almost certainly need a breast lift. The implant would do very little to change or nipple position. Even though this means more scars, I would guess that you would be much more happy with the results of a younger looking breast. The implants you mention are quite large, and will almost certainly contribute to accelerated drooping. You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss these issues.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift if I'm getting 500cc implants?

You don't have to have a lift if you don't want the breast scar, however your breast photos shows the nipple to be low with a short distance from the nipple to the breast fold. The large implant will tend to push the nipple lower with the implant projecting above. One choice is augmentation first, and lift later to bring the nipple up over the front of the implant. But in the end you are likely to need a lift as others have said.

Do I Need a Lift?

From your photos you appear to have 3rd degree ptosis.  Ptosis (or droopiness) is determined by the position of your nipples in relation to your inframammary fold. Your breast show a 3rd degree and therefore will need a full mastopexy. An implant can be place at the time of the surgery but I would forewarn you that a very large implant can fight the procedure that you just did to lift the breasts. I would discuss this with your surgeon. Since it is all about appearance, you may want to see if you can doo some 3D imaging to get a better idea as to what you want. 
Hope this helps.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary?

Based on your pictures, you would benefit from a breast lift for sure.  Anytime the nipples are pointing down at the bottom of the breast, they are going to remain that way even with a bigger implant in place.  An implant can help fill out the breast tissue and elevate the nipple slightly, but not enough to make the nipples centered on the implant where it should be.  I recommend going for a few consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons who do a lot of breast surgery and see what they recommend.  I hope this helps.

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for breast implants with a lift.  The scars can be minimal if the right technique is used. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift and implant

You definitely need a lift if you are gong to have breast surgery. Especially if you are going to add implants. Without a lift your small breasts with nipples on lower edge would be very larger breasts with nipples very low and probably pointing more down than now. You would be very unhappy. Find a plastic surgeon that you like their augmentation/lift results. Good luck.

From your pictures, I believe that you will definitely need a lift. Large implants will make your breasts larger, but will not lift sagging breasts. In fact, in some women with nipples that point downward, it can make your breast shape look worse.
If you are not wanting a lift, I would suggest that you think about postponing your surgery as an implant without a lift is not going to look right with the shape of your breasts.