My labia lips are way too small; should I be worried? (Photos)

It seems to be that my labia lips are small or just cutt off.. They don't really go all the way down coverying everything. Should I be concerned? Is there any way to fix it ?

This is a normal variant but if it bothers you in any way then you should consider surgery to yield more symmetry overall.I would carefully do your research and have several consults before making a decision.
Best of luck

Question of Surgical for Short Labia

Women have a wide range of normal  color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitalia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body.  Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. While you may be uncomfortable with the appearance of your labia, if there is no physical discomfort or other problems then it may not likely be a good idea to progress with any sort of surgery on the area. Feel free to take a look at the video here for some suggestions as to research to complete before progressing.

Normal Variation

Surgery to correct this is probably not a good idea. You have normally short labia minora. The fix for this would be to borrow tissue from the sides and hood to recontour the lower labia. Might not be worth it unless you're having issues with hygiene and infections related to constant opening and exposure of the vaginal canal.

Labiaplasty - Small Labia Minora

Thank you for your question about Labiaplasty.

What you show in the pictures appears normal.  Unless you are having some type of negative symptoms, no, nothing to worry about.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Labia small and big

Labia minor are all normal....there are many variations of "normal."  Some are big, some small.  Your labia look like what many women are striving for when they under go labiaplasty.  So, stop worrying.

What do I do about my small labia lips?

Your anatomy appears completely normal.  Most women who have complaints about their labia are concerned with the labia being too long.  Elongated labia can cause physical discomfort with sex and clothing. Many women don't like the way they look.  Many women want shorter lips and the "Barbie doll" look.   I would not recommend surgery unless you wanted the contour of the lowest part of your labia less pronounced.  You look good.  

Totally normal.  If all labia were like yours there would be no procedure named "labiaplasty".  You can be totally at peace with your labia.  

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Are my small lips abnormal?!

No, No my dear. Not too small. Quite NORMAL (in fact, many of the women corresponding here would kill for lips like yours.!) Tres cool! Labia come in a wondrous array of shapes & sizes and your petite labia are "...right there..."

Michael Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Small labia minora

Hi!  And thank you for your question.  It appears either your normal labia are shorter on top than on the bottom which is a normal variant or you have had a labiaplasty done where the bottom was removed more than the top half.   If you have not had surgery the appearance is a normal variant. Keep in mind that labiaplasty surgery is for cosmetic purposes generally speaking so it is not done for a medical problem but for a desired change in appearance. As such, if you don't like the difference between the bottom and the tops of the labia minora, the only change that could be affected would be to reduce the tops parts down. The bottoms cannot successfully be reconstructed to be enlarged.
I hope this helps!

Scott M GulinsonMD
OBGYN and Cosmetic vulvovaginal surgeon
Glendale, AZ

Labia minora size variation

From your question, it appears that you have not had surgery. There is significant variation in the appearance of a woman's labia minora. Most women prefer that the labia minora does not protrude beyond the labia majora. From your pictures, your labia appear to be a normal variant and that there is nothing concerning about their appearance.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon