What kind of surgery do I need to better define my face? I'm thinking nose reshape, cheek implants, and jaw implants. (Photo)

So, I kind of have an oval shaped face. I really want to widen it and I want my facial features to be more defined. When I don't wear makeup, my face seems so dull. I don't know, I'm not comfortable with it. I think cheek implants would do the job. But will fillers be more beneficial? Should I start off with fillers before jumping into surgery? I want my nose to be more square, too. Should I consider a face lift to bring my hairline down? Is there anyway I can widen my forehead?

Better Facial Definition

A profile view of your face would be very helpful in discussing facial definition but increasing cheek contour with implants or fillers, reducing the width of your nasal tip and base, possibly augmenting your chin, and possibly lowering your hairline which will improve facial proportions all should be considered and discussed with a surgeon experienced in facial aesthetic surgery

Cheek augmentation and Rhinoplasty

Facial contouring when performed correctly offers excellent and safe results.  Cheek augmentation can be customized to your desired size and offers an excellent long-term option for facial contouring.  Although they are considered permanent and feel natural, they can be removed with ease.  You may try Voluma or Radiesse to first see if you like the look of cheek augmentation; however, it is not permanent and you witness yourself lose your cheek volume over the course of 2 years which patients sometimes do not desire or enjoy when they are younger.

A rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping procedure, can help you refine your nasal tip.  I recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic and/or plastic surgeon.

I have included a video regarding custom facial implants that can be utilized for designing cheek implants as well.

Karan Dhir, MD

Rhinoplasty, cheek fillers and cheek implants

The rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the nose narrower and more refined. A facelift  will not bring  the hairline down. Start off with temporary fillers placed in the cheeks  before considering permanent cheek implants. Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile to augment the cheeks on a permanent basis. Cheek implants are composed of Silastic, are placed  through an intra--oral incision under brief general anesthetic.

Hairline advancement, possible cheek implants, etc.

Hairline advancement, possible cheek implants, etc.I would start with fillers for the cheeks to see if you would like the effect or not since this will go away in 6 to 9 months. Your hairline we can be advanced using the Irregular Trichophytic hairline advancement technique we described more than 30 years ago. See a very experienced surgeon familiar with this technique and look at his results of this hairline and u should not see a scar.

Facial implants

Thank you for your question and your photos. Based on your photos it seems that you have a Young and attractive face already! To address your concerns the best option would be to  start with some fillers in your meet face and cheek bone areas to see how you like it.  I would not recommend jumping into any kind of implants and surgical procedures until  you fully understand all the risks  associated with them  
I would recommend a thorough consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who does these procedures routinely.

Dr. Patel

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

What kind of surgery do I need to better define my face? I'm thinking nose reshape, cheek implants, and jaw implants.

Hi, based upon the attached photos the chin is quite weak and the front portion of the cheeks are a bit flat.  This can make the face appear elongated.  Womens face look the most beautiful when they are heart-shaped.  A heart-shaped face can be created with the following procedures.

• Cheek augmentation, with cheek implants, can shape the cheeks and feminize the entire face.  
  • Chin Augmentation, with a chin implant, can provide harmony and balance to the lower face.

Jaw implants would add angularity to the face which is relatively masculine and as such not advised in women. Hope this helps.