What kind of implants should I get? (Photo)

3rd time augmentation-1st was under muscle 350cc saline but had drooping off implant dr said because I didn't go big enough-replaced with 425cc saline caused pain and animation deformity that was so unsightly I removed them altogether-3 yrs later still have animation deformity without the implants- can the deformity be fixed? Can I get implants over the muscle to avoid it happening again and what kind should I get for natural look? Not worried about being huge just want to not be "empty" anymore

Doctor Answers 4

What kind of implants?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Given the past problems with your augmentation, and the persistent animation issue, a subglandular implant might need to be considered with repair of the muscle. If coverage is thin as suggested by your problems with saline an implant such as an anatomic cohesive gel could be one to convesider. 

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

Silicone implants on top of the muscle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

With your history and anatomy, silicone implants on top of the muscle is the answer.  You have a very wide chest circumference and a wide cleavage gap, therefore you will need wide diameter implants to fill the void.  The right breast seems larger than the left, so different sized implants will help achieve better symmetry.

I am not quite sure what you mean about the animation deformity with the implants being removed.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs breast implant surgery frequently to help with your situation.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 83 reviews

What kind of implants should I get?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Give your history, it may be better to consider over the muscle implants and possibly a lift at the same time. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

What kind of implants should I get?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph and history, I think that the type of breast implant that I would recommend is a smooth, round, silicone gel breast implant.

 Frankly, much more important questions will be:  Selection of plastic surgeon? Planning of appropriate operation to achieve your goals, with careful attention to past surgical history and previous concerns? Sub muscular versus of glandular placement (after careful consideration of pros/cons as well as past experience/concdrns?  Need for breast lifting ( even with your arms elevated your nipple/areola complexes since somewhat low on your chest wall)?

 In other words, there is much to consider. Again, select your plastic surgeon carefully.  then, communicate your goals/concerns carefully as well.  Working together you will arrive at a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.