I'm not sure if I have a keloid or a hypertrophic scar on my cartilage piercing? (Photo)

So 3 months ago I got my cartilage pierced at Claire's with a piercing gun. I changed my earrings a couple days ago. As it was a hoop I noticed a small white bump. It hasn't grown but I am concerned. I had no knowledge it was there when I got it pierced. Any help would be appreciated I'm kind of freaking out.

Keloids/Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

This can be removed surgically or improved with lasers , injections.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nodules, keloids, scars

Dear Kylie,This is an important question and a common one. Claire's is a dependable place for piercing, as they've been doing it for years. Still, it is always possible, no matter who or where you have your ear pierced, to develop excessive scarring. In the picture you've sent I cannot see obvious signs of a keloid. Cartilage will have a normal healing response to thicken at the site of the piercing. If that becomes excessive, it can "tent" or blanch the skin providing a palpable nodule. A keloid is a skin phenomenon and is defined by scar that bellows out beyond the borders of the scar. You do not appear to have this. In either case, keep a close eye on this. If you have any redness or fever, see a doctor as there may be an infection. If unsightful scarring occurs, it should be treated by your local plastic surgeon. But again, so far it looks reasonable!
I hope this helps!

Jonathan Zelken, MD
Newport Beach Physician