Juvederm ultra plus - tear trough. (photos)

i had juvederm ultra plus injected in my tear throught 6 months ago. I was overfilled and had a hyaluronidase to dissolve it 3 times , now I'm left with this bump.. Will this stretch my skin.. My under eye skin is very thin.. Any doctor from Chicago?? I really need some help!! Will this go away?? How long!! Thank you!!

Juvederm ultra plus - tear trough.

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Sorry to hear you've been having trouble. At this point, I recommend continuing with the hyaluronidase injections in order to dissolve all remaining product. In the future, I recommend trying a different filler such as Volbella or Restylane in the area. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus - tear trough

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not turned out as anticipated.  It appears, based on your picture alone, that you may have residual JVD present in your lower eyelid, and I would recommend continued hyaluronidase treatments to dissolve what remains.  Best wishes.  

Tear troughs and Fillers

Tear troughs are a very exacting place to inject and only the most qualified injectors should be injecting in this area.  Juvederm is too thick a filler for this delicate area and I am sorry for your results.  Consider Volbella, Restylane, or Belotero for the tear trough.  Best, Dr. Green

Tear trough swelling after Juvederm

This is a problem with Juvederm in the tear trough. It absorbs too much water. Dissolving Juvederm with hyaluronidase requires: adequate dosing (75-100u), proper placement, repeated treatments, proper form of hyaluronidase (I prefer the Hylenex). If all the measures were done correctly, the next step is 5FU/Kenalog. I use Restylane with blunt cannulas in this area.

Steven F. Weiner, MD