Will Juvederm give me good results? (Photo)

I would love some more volume and a nicer Cupid's bow, will lip injections give me the results I desire? I DO NOT want to end up with duck lips! Thank you

Juvederm in Lips

Filler can do great for lip contouring, but ensure you go to an expert.  Small amount of filler can be used to reshape, not resize the lips (because you dont need that).  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will Juvederm give me good results?

Juvederm or Restylane, when injected properly, gives wonderful results!  Yes, you can have a perfect cupids bow without having duck lips!  We do it all the time.

Juvederm for the lips

Yes, Juvederm can give wonderful results when injected into the lips. From the photos you provided however, it appears that your lips already have good fullness and shape, so you would not need much. I would recommend an in person consultation with an experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Appropriate Fillers Work Well For Contouring The Lips, Emphasizing The While Roll, Highlighting The Cupid's Bow & Philtrum

Juvederm Ultra Plus XC in my experience works well for adding body to and contouring the red portion of the lips and would be my filler of choice for this purpose in my Upper East Side Manhattan office. It is a smooth filler that spreads easily and can be readily molded. (In my Israel satellite facility where a far great many more regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available, I would choose Princess Volume for this purpose). For the Cupid's Bow, I would opt for a lighter filler such as Belotero Balance in NY and Teosyal Redensity II in Israel. Lip filling requires a very experienced injector to avoid creating artificial and a cartoon-like trout pout (duck lips). So be sure to consult with a board certified core aesthetic physician with expertise in treating the lips.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Lip augmentation

It is quite possible that lip augmentation with filler can provide a nice result for you. You would have to be seen in person to review your options.

Juvederm for the lips?

Thanks for your question.  You will receive a wide range of opinions but from the photos provided it appears that you lips already have normal fullness and shape.  It's not clear in your case that any procedures are necessary.

Juvederm treatment to cupid's bow.

Thank you for your question. From your photos it does appear that you already have volume to the area you specified. That being said, yes you can add more volume if you are considered a candidate by an injector in a consultation. Juvederm provides many different products that could be considered for this treatment. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Will Juvederm give me good results?

Yes. But on first timers I prefer Restylane to cupid's bow as a easier initial filler to be offered.... 

Will Juvederm give me good results?

Yes, you are a candidate for Juvederm lip injections. However, given that you already have very pretty, full lips, your injection would need to be conservative and very careful to avoid looking "done." I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Cupid's bow

From your photos it looks like you have pretty full lips and a decent "Cupid's bow" already.  That being said, a little bit of added volume and accentuation of the Cupid's bow could add to the appearance.  This would have to be balanced with a little added volume to the lower lip as well.  I would start off less aggressively with Juvederm and aim for a subtle, natural effect.  In my practice, "duck lips" are a no-no and I avoid giving patients that look at all costs.  Be sure to choose a skilled injector who is experienced in lip enhancement.  Juvederm or other fillers placed in the wrong plane or location can be disasterous.