Will Juvaderm help my chin? (photo)

My chin wrinkles and looks like a slight cleft chin when I smile, feeling my chin I can tell there is an indent in the center, please help

Doctor Answers 8

Improving the chin with filler

Fillers in the chin are often a very nice treatment and may be of benefit to you. However, because you're not happy with the look of the chin upon movement, then Botox is typically a better option (& quite cheap in this location) since it is the best treatment for dynamic/movement wrinkles, such as an orange peel or dimpled chin. Best to see your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to review your best options.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Juvederm for the Chin

One of my favorite ways to use Juvederm is in the chin area.  Just a small amount will give you back the definition and remove the wrinkles by adding needed volume in that area.  I may also put a tiny amount of Botox in the chin as well to help smooth it out as well.  The combination will dramatically improve this area.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Juvederm and other cosmetic injections.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

Will Juvaderm help my chin? (photo)

Hi April

I usually like to use botox to smooth out that "orange peel" appearance of the chin. In some instances we may consider an HA filler such as belotero or juvederm.

Hope this was helpful.

Kristin J. Tarbet MD, FACS
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Juvederm for the chin

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as juvederm/restylane/perlane can certainly be helpful in improving dimpling/wrinkles on the chin. In addition, botulinum toxin, such as botox/dysport/xeomin, can be injected into the mentalis muscle of the chin to decrease wrinkling in this area that occurs with certain facial movements. These areas are safe to treat, and most experienced injectors should be able offer these services to you.

All the best!

Geoffrey Pitzer, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

Neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) Work Well For Chin Dimples & Pebbly Chins

A pebbly appearance upon movement of the chin or the presence of dimples within the chin at rest typically relate to hyperactivity of the mentalis (chin) muscles with movement, in the former case, and with increased resting muscle tension in the latter. In either case, relaxing the muscles with a few droplets of a neuromodulator (Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) can be extremely helpful in smoothing these two types of problems. 

Should the dimples persist despite treatment, performing a nonsurgical chin augmentation using a volumizing filler (my choice in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice for this purpose being Voluma XC and Emervel Volume, in my Israel satellite facility where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizers are available) can be extremely helpful for smoothing the irregularities that persist at rest. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Treatment option for certain type of chin irregularities (BOTOX™)

Patients with irregularities of the chin during animation ( e.g smiling) may have distress about these physical findings. Then these irregularities appear only in animation, but not when in rest, highly suggest the cause is excessive activity of the muscle located underneath the chin skin (mentalis muscle). 

BOTOX™ when administered (off-lable) in the chin muscle ( mentalis) could improve the physical findings associated with excessive activity of this muscle. Patients interested in exploring the using BOTOX™ for treatment of hyperactive mentalis muscle should do a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in BOTOX™ treatment.

John Mesa, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 128 reviews


It's hard to tell from your photographs, but you may be a good candidate for juvederm injections to the area of indentation.  These injections will last for about six months to correct the condition.  I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified physician with experience injecting fillers to discuss your case.  All the best!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.