Are my incisions healing ok? (photos)

I had my breast augmentation done on Sep. 6th- 5'5 125 pounds with 445ccs. I was just able to take the steri strips off last night after my shower. When I took them off I noticed some dried blood and a little white area, I have submitted pictures. I just want to make sure it doesn't look infected and that I'm healing realitivy normal. I have emailed pictures to my dr and haven't heard back and it's just driving me crazy not knowing. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

Am I healing properly?

Many women share your concern. I always recommend contacting your doctors office if you are unsure of healing or have any oozing. 

Best of luck to you!

Healing of Incisions

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

There are several choices a woman must make once the decision has been made to move forward with having breast augmentation with breast implants. These choice include: Implant type, implant size, implant profile, incision location, and implant placement. Hopefully your incisions chosen are ones that are best for your skin and breasts, but if you find that you have any questions or discomfort then it is best to see your surgeon right away to have the area checked for proper healing.

Incisions

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Your wounds appear to be healing fine, there does not seem to be any sign of infection. If at any stage the wounds become red and inflamed, any fluid oozing from the wounds or you have a fever and feel unwell contact your plastic surgeons office.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Incision Care

A little dried blood & scabbing is normal in the first couple of weeks after surgery. It would be best to have the incisions examined in person just to ensure that you are on track. 

All the best 

Incisions Healing

Based on the pictures, it appears as though you are healing ok.  It is very common to have some scabbing and discoloration of the incision this soon out from surgery.  I would continue to follow closely with your doctor though, as you are doing.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Incision post-op

Thank you for your question and for attaching photos. From the photos it looks like your incisions are healing normally. What it appears you are seeing is the dissolvable suture at the end of the incision. It is best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who can examine you and make sure everything is healing well, but from the pictures you look to be on your road to recovery.

Are my incisions healing ok?

Healing concerns can be very common after breast augmentation, and if you chose a practice carefully your surgeon will be there for you to take a quick check and examination to be certain you are on track. This is the best reassurance you can get.