My nipple incisions don't look rounded and even please help. (photos)

My surgery was 12 day ago and tape came off last night and my incision doesn't look rounded and even. Help!!!

My nipple incisions don't look rounded and even please help.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I can understand your anxiety but you are early in the recovery process and some degree of incision puckering after surgery is common.  As your healing progresses you should see these incisions soften, flatten, and take on a more natural appearance and shape.  Hope this helps.

Nipple incisions

At this point it is a wait and see thing. You have sutures inside and you just had surgery, You need to allow things to settle and heal. Good luck.  Give it 4-6 months first.

Concerned about nipples 12 days after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

You have just had surgery and nothing will look right at this point.Give yourself time to heal. In the meantime, let your surgeon know of your concerns so you can get the support you need during the healing period.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

It looks like you are very early in the healing process. You will be so surprised at how much things change/improve as you heal. Plastic surgery is not always pretty during the healing process especially early. Give everything time to settle down. After at 3-6 months if you are not happy with the results (the nipple areola complex is not round) then a revision can be done under local anesthesia to fix stuff, so don't stress! Everything will likely be just fine. 

Remember That the Body Heals Unevenly

It can be a bit surprising to patients, even unnerving, when they first see the incisions following any cosmetic surgery. Less than 2 weeks after an operation such as you've had, it's still quite early in the recovery process. The puckered appearance of the incisions is fairly common. It's also important to remember that the body doesn't heal symmetrically. I expect you'll see changes in the results during the next several months. Be patient, and if you don't notice any improvement in the next few weeks, then it may be time to contact your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Nipple incisions don't look rounded and even after breast lift.

At just 12 days a periareolar lift often looks as yours does, and much will improve as you continue to heal. Be sure to ask your surgeon for help as well.

My nipple incisions don't look rounded and even please help

Thank you for your question. At 12 days its very early in your healing process. This will even out with time. Talk to your surgeon to express your concerns.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Nipple incision

Thank you for your question. your incision will smooth out with time. You are in early healing phase of heeling. Give about 3-4 months and re evaluate. Follow instructions from your PS

Typical

appearance of the nipples after a donut breast lift. The pleating will settle out with time, this process just takes time, be patient

At this time, it is best to wait until swelling goes down and the skin has a chance to come back to normal .Give it at least 6 months. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS