Will my implants look bigger once dropped? And will this cone shape go away? (Photo)

I just received 600cc silicone HP implants 7 days ago and am really unhappy with my results. I thought they would be considerably larger than what they appear to be now. I looked at a ton of picture with other women who had revived my size and I am no where close to that. Also they are in a very pronounced cone shape so I really can't go anywhere without a bra. It's really frustrating. I'm 5'9 and weigh 160 prior cup size was an A. Before photos are also attached.

Will my implants look bigger once dropped?

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 
In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.  For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. 
Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger.  Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Will my implants look bigger once dropped? And will this cone shape go away?

It looks appropriate for one week post surgery. Your breast will stretch, settle, and relax over the next several months. It may take 3 to 6 months to reach your final result. For your size frame, I think that 600 cc implants will look plenty big once everything has settled into place, you just need to be patient and let the process happen. I think that you will ultimately have a very nice result.

Thank you for your question and the photos.  I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your early breast augmentation results.  One week is still very early in the healing process and you can expect further changes in the shape of your breasts over the next few months. The implant is currently compressed by the overlying breast tissue and muscle and the tissue will continue to stretch to accommodate the larger implant. This can take 3-6 months until you are looking at the actual size and shape of your new breasts.  Breast implant sizes look different on each individual based on their natural breast size and measurements.  In other words, a 600cc HP implant will not look the same on every patient.  It is important that you discuss your current concerns with your plastic surgeon since they are familiar with your specific case. Best of luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Very Early In Healing Process

If you are only seven days post surgery, you have a lot of changes to undergo before you see the final result.  The tissues need to relax and allow the implant to mold the breast tissue, as well as allow the volume of the implant to fully be seen.  Just be patient, massage the breasts 2-3 times a day, and follow your surgeons instructions.  The cone appearance should take care of itself as well over time, but it can take some patients at least three months total for everything to stop changing, so just be patient.  I hope this helps.