Implants 1.5 years ago. Will a lift give me the perkiness I desire or will I need further revision? (photos)

I'm the classic case of not gettng a lift with implants. I tried to avoid the scars but now realize it is most likely necessary to get good results. Im 5ft4in 150 pounds with 575cc silicone (Mod Profile) under muscle. They are heavy and droopy and wondering if a lift will help give me a favorable result or will I require further revision? I developed a snoopy deformity also. My physician did advise a lift but I wanted to try just implants first and proceed with lift if necessary.

Considering a Breast Lift

Good morning. I think you might be right. You gave it a try and did not quite get the result you were looking for with implants alone. You've also allowed enough time to pass in order that the implants settled.

From your photos it appears that while both nipples are lower than ideal, the right side is even lower and also shows some descent of the breast tissue itself.

After reviewing your findings with your plastic surgeon, likely some form of lift will be recommended.
That should address the nipple and tissue asymmetry.

If you truly find them to be heavy for your frame, combining an implant exchange with your mastopexy would be a good opportunity and use of your time.

Of course a lift will leave you with additional scarring on the breasts, however good shape with high quality scars is generally considered better than no scars with sub optimal shape.

Dr Nodwell

Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

A breast lift would give you a better aesthetic shape to the breasts. It would allow your nipple to be positioned on the center of the breast which gives a more youthful appearance.

Lift or revision

Overall you have as good a result as you could have hoped for with an implant without a lift.  At this time I think you could have a breast lift without needing to revise the implants, and should get a very nice result.

Breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  My recommendation for you would be to consider a breast lift with an implant exchange for smaller implants.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Mastopexy

You would benefit from a mastopexy to balance asymmetry and move natural breast tissue and nipple back up on top of implant, correcting snoopy deformity. Surgeon's recommend lifts not because they want to do them, or are greedy and want to charge more, but because pretty results sometimes require them. The good news is staging the mastopexy has no downside, and in fact, you didn't want a lift before and would have always second guessed having one. Now that you realize shape, position and contour are more important than avoiding costs or scars, you're likely to be more satisfied with your post mastopexy results! Best of luck.

Lift or revision.

Your implant is slightly high with the point of projection just above the nipple. A lift alone might work out well rather than revision of the pocket as well. In office examination will help sort out what will be the best.

Do I need a lift

From the photos you provided, it would appear that a mastopexy which tightens the lower portion of the breast and shifts the breast gland up on the chest wall such that the nipple and areola are the most projecting part of the breast. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Implants and breast lift

Thank you for question and photos. 
Yes....a modified vertical lift would give you a very nice result with favorable scarring. You can definitely get a nice, symmetrical, perky and young looking breasts. I recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss this matter further. Best of luck.

Dr. Dhaval Patel

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift (mastopexy) with implants

I think you would benefit from a lift, possibly a modified lift, to help tighten up the lower pole (lower region) of the breast where you have some of the breast gland sagging down.  I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options.
Good luck and take care,
Dr. Howell

Breast lift besides just implants

We have seen this a lot. Patients who want to avoid the T-scar by only trying to "lift" the breast with just putting implants. The procedure you need is exactly that. A breast lift with T-incision and you will have excellent results.