I want to remove Stretch marks from my breast, should I have them removed before or after breast lift with small implant?

If I was getting a breast lift with a small implant but I have stretch marks on the top area of my breast and wanted to have the stretch marks removed by laser should I have them removed Before or after lift

Stretch marks on the breast

Despite any claims to the contrary, there is no way to get rid of stretch marks other then simply excising them that is removing all of the skin. This of course is not an option for you. However having said that, I have noticed that in many augmentations for patients with a purple stretch marks  The appearance of the stretch marks is improved by the stretching of the skin from the implant.  Your best course of action is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery. Please express your concerns about the stretch marks to him before you go spending a lot of money on useless treatments

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

It is not likely that laser with give significant improvement in your stretch marks. The choice to do it depends on what works best for you. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Addressing Breast Skin Stretch Marks

Both a breast lift and a breast augmentation will improve the appearance of loose breast skin to some extent; while neither of these procedures will remove stretch marks on the top of your breasts, they will likely make them appear less obvious because the skin is pulled more taut.
If your stretch marks are red/darker in color, certain lasers may help treat the prominent blood vessels - making the stretch marks less apparent. 
Unfortunately, there is no great way to entirely get rid of stretch marks unless they are in areas that would otherwise be excised. Talk with your plastic surgeon to discuss the best options for you. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

I want to remove Stretch marks from my breast, should I have them removed before or after breast lift with small implant

If the stretch marks on your upper breast are red, a laser may help fade the color. If they are pale or lighter than the rest of the skin of you breast, in my opinion, laser will do little to improve them. If lasers did truly fix stretch marks, there would not be all these ladies out there with stretch marks on their breast or abdomens

Julio Garcia, MD

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove stretch marks from the skin. A laser may help to improve stretch marks that are still red but ultimately, you will be left with permanent marks on the skin of stretch marks have occurred. A breast lift will reposition the nipple and allow removal of the skin above it that may contain stretch marks themselves. Any skin that is not excised, however, will still have stretch marks. I would certainly discuss this with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kaiser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon