I have a referral from my doctor for a breast reduction but it's hard finding a surgeon who accepts my insurance. (photo)

Can you help?

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same. 

Best to ask your doctor for a referral.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tt's hard finding a surgeon who accepts my insurance for breast reduction.

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Your insurance company should have a list of plastic surgeons on their "panel". Most important will be that you select your plastic surgeon carefully; make sure that he/she can demonstrate lots of examples achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  Then, it will be important that you communicate your goals carefully.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Reduction and Insurance

Contact your insurance company, they usually have a list of participating surgeons for your area. Be sure to request a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD