37 yr old African American female. Unhappy about the width of my nose, wanting rhinoplasty. Please advise (photo)

I don't know where to begin. 

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty procedure can address the size and shape of the nose. Please keep in mind that many surgeons offer imaging technology whereby the surgeon and patient can preview changes to the nose to better determine the patient's desires. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American Rhinoplasty

Hi Jenean,

Ethnic and African American Rhinoplasty is by far the most challenging cosmetic operation in cosmetic surgery. This is because the anatomy and skin thickness requires special techniques to achieve desired results. The best way to get a realistic picture of what kind of changes are possible with your nose is to have computer imaging, this will also relay your desire to your surgeon. Feel free to email me your pictures.

Below is a video/website I have created specifically for Ethnic and African American Rhinoplasty. 

Dr. S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Afr

You can have a more attractive and feminine nose with a rhinoplasty to narrow your tip, nostrils, and nasal bones in a natural and overdone way. See a very experienced AA rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you photos of his work and do not rely on imaging.

Wide Nose

In African Americans the nose usually is improved by tip refinement. Since you did not show a side view, I am not sure if anything in your profile needs to be addressed. To reduce the width an alar base reduction is performed. This will also reduce the enlarged nostril size as well. The tip can also be refined by some reduction but also a tip graft can very beneficial. This is where you add a some piece of cartilage to better define the nose.

Hope this helps.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

African-American rhinoplasty

The three components that need to be addressed are;

1. Wide nostrils (Alarplasty)

2. Wide tip (Tip Plasty)

3. Wide nasal bones (Osteotomies).

All 3 steps can be done at the same time. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon