I would love a mommy makeover post baby. Any suggestions as far as how long I should wait to have surgery? (Photo)

Currently 5 weeks pregnant and I'd like to have a breast lift and/or augmentation as well as a tummy tuck and BBL post baby ( don't plan to breast feed)

Postpone mommy makeover until six months after breast-feeding is complete.

As a very general rule most plastic surgeons would wait until breast-feeding was complete before pursuing a mommy makeover.

How Long After Pregnancy for Surgeries

Thank you for your question, and congratulations!
Surgeons may have different opinions regarding this, but I typically like to wait 6 months after giving birth to do surgeries.  This should give your body adequate time to recover from the pregnancy, and lose the majority of the "baby-weight" to get back to a stable body shape.  I hope this helps.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

I would love a mommy makeover post baby. Any suggestions as far as how long I should wait to have surgery?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

The time that you should wait until mommy makeover is 6 to 8 months.

Best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Suggestions for your MM

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Timing of mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photo.  Congratulations on the pregnancy.   Typically, I would recommend waiting 3-6 months after breast feeding is complete.  Since you do not plan to breast feed, you may be able to proceed sooner, but you do want to try and get back to your pre-baby shape and weight to get optimal results.  

Timing for Mommy Makeover

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction.

Pregnancy along with aging result in weight fluctuations that can have a substantial impact on a woman’s body. It may cause loss of volume in areas such as breasts and buttocks and even affect the fat distribution in the face.

It causes fat to be deposited in other unwanted areas, like your hips or thighs. It stretches the abdominal wall skin and muscle tone. And you can actually approach each of those areas and rejuvenate them and in some cases make them better than before pregnancy. Its always best to be at your ideal stable weight after also making sure that breastfeeding is complete and you are at your most comfortable health. It is good to discuss proper timing with a local certified plastic surgeon in consultation to ensure that you will be prepared for the procedure.

How long after giving birth until a Mommy Makeover

If you had an uncomplicated delivery, you could consider a Mommy Makeover about 12 weeks following your deliver.   Ideally you would be at your pre baby weight as well as relatively close to your ideal body weight in order to obtain the best results.  You do need to consider that your activities will be restricted for several weeks following your surgery.  Picking up a baby is going to be difficult as well as going up and down stairs.  Plan to have some help so you can recover!

Carlin Vickery, MD

Mommy make-over - when to have it done

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Assuming this child is your last, you can have a mommy make-over 6 months after you deliver or 3-6 months after you stop breast feeding, whichever comes later.
  • If you plan more children, you can have the BBL and breast surgery but the tummy tuck should not be done until you have finished having your family.
  • Good for you for planning ahead!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Timing of Mommy Makeover post pregnancy

Congratulations!!! The key for timing your mommy makeover has to do with whether you plan to have more pregnancies and when you feel that you are in great shape after the baby is born. Most women need 6-9 months to get their bodies in their best post pregnancy shape, then together we will figure out what procedures will get your body back! I always tell women, especially when pregnant, to continue to work on your core muscles all day long so that your back feels better while your tummy is growing. This will help tremendously after the birth because muscles that are conditioned during pregnancy bounce back faster.Another important issue  is to try your best to maintain healthy eating habits so that you and your growing baby have the best possible nutritional plan, now and always. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to helping you meet your goals.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Wait 6 months after completing breast feeding for breast surgery.  Hope for a safe and healthy pregnancy.  Best wishes.