I want to know should I get lipo? Tummy tuck? Or a mommy make over? (Photos)

I hate my muffin top.

What procedures would be best?

Only a full examination would allow me to definitively answer your question.  There are some basic guidelines you can consider.  Areas of excess fat are treated by liposuction as long as the tissue overlying the fat has good elasticity.  If there are areas of hanging skin, this usually needs to be removed as liposuction will only deflate the hanging skin, not tighten it.  If you have an abdominal bulge above your belly button, this is at least partially due to intra-abdominal fat, which is not treated by surgery but is corrected by weight loss.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns in detail.

Lipo, Tummy Tuck, or Mommy Makeover?

Hello and thank you for your question. I wanted to quickly let you know that any of the three options may be plausible, so that your best option may be to talk all three of them over with your surgeon in consultation to see which option would be best to receive your desired results.

To obtain a nice result, you should lose 10-15 pounds and then have an Abdominoplasty with possible liposuction of the sides. Liposuction alone is not appropriate and will not attain good results.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or lipo

Based on your photographs, you would probably get the best results from having a tummy tuck combined with some liposuction of the hip/flank area.  If you had liposuction alone I think you would be unhappy as the skin may appear loose.  The next step would be for you to visit with a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area who can review your medical history, examine you and help design a plan for you to achieve your surgical goals.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Surgical Options

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photos, I think you could greatly benefit from a tummy tuck and liposuction combined procedure. However, we suggest that patients be done with their childbearing years and close to their goal weight. If you meet those personal guidelines, then I suggest your next step be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination. Best of luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover techniques

Thanks for your question.

From the photographs it looks like the skin is a little too loose to allow for liposuction alone.  Your best correction would be a combination of a tummy tuck with liposuction of the hips and waist.  You may also need a tightening of the deeper layers if there is a gap between the muscles.  An experienced board-certified plastic surgeron should examine you and provide guidance.  Ideally you should be within 10 to 15 pounds of a realistic body weight in order to get the best long term results.  

Best of Luck!

John Q. Cook, MD

Tummy Tuck vs. Liposuctin

Thank you so much for your inquire/questions. 

Judging by your photos, I believe you would be an excellent candidate for the tummy tuck procedure. Typically I recommend liposuction of the waistline as well to give you the nice hourglass shape that most female patients desire. 

I also do recommend patients to be within 10-15 pounds of the goal weight to achieve the best possible results post surgery.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.  This will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Prior to surgery, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months to achieve optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty with Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. Combined, these two procedures create a contoured waistline and flat tummy. A special kind of tummy tuck I perform is called a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty which tightens the abdominal muscles and removes the loose skin. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Looks like a tummy tuck is the best solution

given amount of the skin stretch and amount of fat accumulated I think you best option is a tummy tuck combined with lipsuction You would be transformed into a diffrent person :)