I have hollows under my eyes. I would like to take care of it. I am 50 now and it shows under my eyes

How much would it cost to correct this and the best procedure ?

Hollows underneath the eyes

There are several excellent options for rejuvenating the eyes. To address the tear trough area, using an injectable soft tissue filler is a minimally invasive option that may delay surgical treatment for years. A “lunchtime blepharoplasty” is achieved by placing filler such as Restylane into the recessed area under the eye, or the so-called tear trough area to help camouflage the eyelid bags.  Another excellent nonsurgical option is laser skin resurfacing to the upper and lower lids. I frequently use the fractional CO2 laser, which works very effectively with minimal downtime (most patients can apply make-up in 5 days). Resurfacing procedures stimulate the wound healing mechanisms of the body to rebuild collagen, remodel the skin, and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. Surgical options to rejuvenate the lower eyelids include the transconjunctival technique and the transcutaneous (skin) incision technique. The transconjunctival approach involves an incision inside the lower eyelid with direct access to the fat.  This approach is ideal for patients who have bulging lower eyelid fat pads. A transconjunctival approach will not leave any discoloration or scarring in the lower lids because there is no skin incision. With the transcutaneous technique, a skin incision is made just below the eyelashes. Either lower blepharoplasty approach (transconjunctival or transcutaneous) is minimally invasive and can be performed in about an hour. In order to determine if any of these procedures are best for you, a proper physical exam is necessary. I recommend… SHOW MORE visiting a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about your various options.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hallows under the eyes

Without a photo or seeing you in person, impossible to recommend the best approach for you. I tend to start with an HA filler such as Restylane. If that doesn't deliver the results that you want then you can move on to a surgical option such as a lower blepharoplasty. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your best options. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Hollows under the eyes

Hollows under the eyes are a common problem. If they exist by themselves, and you are interested in something less invasive and accept temporary results, then injection with a hyaluronic acid filler might be an option. These include Restylane, Juvederm and some others. Fat injections are also an option and will last longer than fillers.

Of note is that injection of fillers around the eyes have resulted in a very small number of patients where the filler traveled through the bloodstream to the eye and caused blindness. This is extremely rare but possible and you should have any injections performed by an experienced person. There were more cases of visual problems reported by injection of fat when compared to fillers. but also extremely rare.

If your hollows are associated with lower eyelid puffiness or bags as they often are, you might consider removing some fat and having some fat transposed to a position under your hollows. This can be done through an incision inside your lower eyelid. This fat is not risky to travel elsewhere in the bloodstream but a surgery like this has its own risks.

I think the general estimates of costs below are accurate although when surgery is involved, pricing can vary widely.

I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Frederick K. Park, MD
Rocky Mount Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

this can be improved with lasers, peels, microneedling/PRP and fillers to prevent the need for surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hollows under eyes

Thanks for your question. Fortunately the options for improvement of under eye hollows are plentiful. I typically recommend starting with HA filler in this area. It is a short office procedure with minimal to no discomfort. The potential exists for some mild bruising, but most patients are able to leave the treatment and return to their lives with little or no downtime. While it is not necessarily a permanent fix, in my experience patients require less and less filler in the area over time and can usually space treatments out for years. Generally speaking hollows are a bit easier to fix than bags, at least without surgery. Hope this helps.

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hollows uner eyes Cost

Fillers including Restylane and Radiesse are options costing $300 to $600 depending on the clinician.
Fat injection is a good option with more permanent results but greater risk costing $1500-$2000 depending on the clinician.
A lift performed from inside the eyelid can simultaneously correct eyelid irregularities and the hollows. Price $2500-$4000.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experieced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Injectable Fillers

Thank you for your question. Without photographs I am unable to give you a treatment recommendation but if hollowness is your main concern injectable fillers may help improve volume loss. Injectable fillers are temporary but they offer predictable and long lasting volume improvement. An in person consultation to determine if you are a candidate is best.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon