I had facial Liposuction and Thermitight done 6 mths ago. Any suggestions?

I think the too much mid face fat was removed and skin sag a little beside the chin, forming a squarer jaw. When I pinch the skin of my upper cheeks slightly my jaw look v shaped, which is what I want. What would be the best option for me? Facelift, fat grafting or chin implant might take up some loose skin beside the chin? I'm 34, no wrinkles. The problem did improve some as compared to few mths ago, shd I wait longer for my tissues to retract? Is there still swelling at 6 mths?

Facial Liposuction with Thermi

If you are unhappy, fillers, implants and sculptra can be used to revolumize the area and ultherapy or thermage used to help tighten.  By 6 months you know the final outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Facial liposuction and Thermight - now what?

Thank you for asking about your facial liposuction.

• Facial liposuction and heat treatments of the face remove facial volume.
  • You need to be examined to know what can be done.
  • If the skin is loose, you may need a face lift.
  • It is reasonable to wait another 3 - 6 months because there can still be subtle swelling.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lack of volume after volume removal

Many plastic surgeons are has a tent or skeptical of performing facial liposuction.

All too often patients need volume restoration as they get older rather than volume removal.

The proper facial assessment is a complex process that requires an in person consultation.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see what he or she can recommend.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Face

It is hard to comment without a before and after photos. You may have excess skin or your underneath tissue needs to be tightened.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

What do I need?

Without a photograph or in office examination, it's hard to determine how much skin laxity you have. I do not understand why someone would take fat out of the mid face unless you're talking about the buccal fat pad. In someone who has a very rounded cheek and lacks visualization of the cheekbone, removal of this buccal fat pad can help delineate the cheek. Also, you can add fat or fillers to the area of skin directly above the cheekbones which can help expand the volume pulling the cheek up as you're doing with your pinch. Generally speaking, without massive weight loss, I can't imagine a 34-year-old needing a facelift. I would recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for consultation. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS