I have Eye Ptosis, Eyelash Ptosis, and Hollow eyes. What treatment would you recommend? (photos)

I'm 45. I have Eye Ptosis, Eyelash Ptosis- my right eye is a bit droopy and my eyelashes point down. I have had this since I was about 12 first in my right eye than the left. I had eyelid surgery 18 mo ago to tighten muscle but the Dr said "it didn't work" Also my upper and lower eye lids are hollow and also my cheeks are flat. I'm looking for suggestions for improvement.

Doctor Answers 3

Eyelash ptosis and eyelid ptosis surgery

Although perfection cannot be achieved, eyelash ptosis can be improved surgically.  Revisional ptosis may also be possible but not sure if that is necessary for you. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Ptosis and eyelash ptosis

You have residual ptosis of the lids, and some eyelash ptosis.  With a revisional surgery you may be able to improve this.  But need to be seen to really evaluate the muscle function.  You could use fillers or fat for the lower lids and cheeks.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for a good eyelid evaluation.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

It is improbable that you will ever be completely satisfied with these surgeries.

It is essential to understand that upper eyelid ptosis surgery is accurate plus or minus 1 mm.  Our brains are accurate plus or minus 0.1mm.  That means that even with absolutely the very best surgical result, it is hard to be satisfied with surgery.  You have bilateral residual upper eyelid ptosis.  Without a personal consultation, it is hard to venture a guess regarding the payoff of having additional surgery.  The under eye hollow can be improved with fillers and this is far more predictable than lower eyelid surgery.  Please be careful what you look for.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.