I had a bump on my nose filed down two weeks ago. There is a big hard bump now where it was taken off before. (photo)

Callus after filing down a bump. Will it go away?

Two weeks post surgery

You are only two weeks post rhinoplasty and you have to give it time to settle. Best of luck with your results.

Callous after rhinoplasty

It is far too early to assess the final results of your rhinoplasty, as your nose will continue to change over the next several weeks to months.  If the "hardened bump" persists, your surgeon may need to inject the area with a dilute steroid.

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend consulting with you surgeon and having them perform a physical examination seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best. You are very early in your recovery period and your nose will continue to change slightly over the next 12-18 months as swelling resolves and tissue softens. I would wait at least a year if you are still unhappy with the results to consider a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Bump after rhinoplasty

It is common to have some firmness in areas where work was done.  These should soften up in time.  Keep following up with your surgeon however, to make sure it is healing as expected.  Occasionally these bumps of scar tissue can stay hard, and the doctor can give an injection of steroid to soften it and help it smooth

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nose after Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, and for providing the pictures.
You are very early out from the rhinoplasty, and there is still swelling and scar tissue present that should soften/improve with time.  If the bump gets bigger (or you are concerned in general), I recommend contacting your surgeon to discuss the issue.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

I had a bump on my nose filed down.

Often there can be a bit of stiffness or hardness where the nasal hump was reduced until the tissue softens and settles down. Remember with rhinoplasty the healing will take several months.