I want bigger breast but what's best? (photos)

As you can see my breasts are uneven,I have a tattoo under my right one. How bit would you recommendthat I go because I do want the most natural. I do want it under the muscles, I understand the complications between silicone and saline, therefore I want saline. And where should my incision be placed because I don't mind getting it under my breasts but my tattoo is there and I don't know if that will affect my incision,. Also is it better than getting the armpit incision???

Whats the best route to go for achieving natural full breasts? That depends if the needs a breast lift or not and on the size of implant they want. The bigger the implant the less natural it's going to look. Now we also have the silicone that are anatomically shaped and that can give a more natural shape, and less of the round shape of the traditional implants.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Be careful what you ask for.

A 200 cc saline implant placed through the crease and under the muscle will undoubtedly look very natural but it may not achieve your augmentation goals.

A modest sized implant will not likely greatly displace the tattoo. So the size of the implant will affect the decision.

Armpit incisions are an option but it is more difficult to fully release the muscle. .

Breast implants

You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. If you feel that you have some size asymmetry this can be corrected with a larger implant in your smaller breast. There are several incision choices for augmentation and you should discuss this with your surgeon during your consultation.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Saline vs Silicone

I have attached a video with information on Saline and Silicone implants. Always insist on a board certified surgeon. 

Bigger Breast

By the look at your pictures you would benefit by scheduling an initial consult visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will personalize a treatment plan just for you. Choosing the right implant that is right for your body will be discussed at your consultation appointment. 

Gregory C. Gaines, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

I want bigger breast but what's best?

Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. After you have chosen your surgeon, you can discuss saline vs. silicone as well as incision placement... etc.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implants

Choosing the right implants for you requires an exam in person to determine the best size and shape.  Good luck.

I want bigger breast but what's best?

Since you are considering saline implants, an incision under the breast or in other areas is possible and should not affect your tattoo. The "best" options for you can be determined after an in person consultation. See link below for example. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Whats the best for augmentation.

There will be no one best, but there is an approach that will be best for you. We would avoid the tattoo and use a periareolar approach or an underarm approach to breast augmentation. A saline implant can give you peace of mind, lower cost and a very nice result.

Breast Augmentation

Actually, if you want the "most natural", then you may want to consider fat grafting to the breast.  You get liposuction from your "problem areas", and then use that fat to create a fuller, natural looking breast with your own tissue.

You ask many good questions, but in order to answer them most appropriately, an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon would be best.  I recommend you visit with several in your area to get opinions on the best treatment options for you.

-Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon