I have big lips, but want poutier lips? (Photo)

I have pretty big lips. Is it possible to have something done to make them poutier or is it just about facial structure?

Pouty lips

Your lips are beautiful and plenty pouty.  If you are determined to do something to augment them I would look into Vobella.  It is a new product on the market that is use to smooth the creases in the lip with minimal augmentation in size.  I think something like that would be perfect for what you are looking to do. I would get a formal in person consultation to further discuss my options.

Livingston Physician

Lip filler

Thank you for submitting your photo. Your lips have a beautiful shape. Adding filler is tricky because it can easily make your lips look unnantural. A very small amount of a soft filler such as vobella or belotero can give your lips a more hydrated appearance without looking unnatural.

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm)

You have full lips already, but juvederm voluma or restylane are options for pouty lips.  Often I'll use another filler like belotero around the mouth to give more definition and shape.  I suggest seeing an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Big lips wanting more pout, to fill or not to fill?

Hello sonaedgy,

Thank you for your question and sharing a photo as well. From your photo you already have nicely shaped and full lips that appear proportional to your overall facial structure and adding filler will in all likelihood lead to a very unnatural and unappealing appearance. If I were consulting with you I would discourage messing with them and decline any lip augmentation. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Large lips, should I have filler

I think that adding any filler to the lips will result in them looking worse and unnatural. I wouldn't touch them. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler

You already have nicely shaped and sized lips.  More volume can always be added to the lips.  I would be conservative in your case to avoid an unnatural look -- certainly no more than a syringe.  You are a good candidate for something like Juvederm Volbella or Restylane Silk -- these are smaller particle size fillers that will give you more of a hydrated/ plump appearance as opposed to Juvederm Ultra or Restylane, which tend to provide structure and shape to undersized lips.  Be sure you see a core injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist) and good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Big Pouty Lips

You already have large nice sized lips.  If you want them to be bigger you can add more volume but you may find that they look unnatural.  Please consult an expert in cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green