I want the round look from a BA, I am trying to decide between 45 320cc implants, or SRX 285cc implants? (Photos)

I am 5'1, 114 lbs and my BWD is 10.5, I am looking for the rounder look and want to go as big as I can with it still looking proportionate to my body. I am a 32B or can also fit in a cup size A. The first two photos are my goal photos and last photos are of me.

Breast implant decision

hello and thank you for your question and photos. 

This question is best answered in the office, where you can be measured and examined. Generally, it is also best to have the opportunity to try on several sizers to see how the implants fit your frame. 

What is important to point out, is that your two goal pics are women with mod plus implants, but your question asked about super high profile implants. Consider that the modplus will give you a slightly wider round view from the front. the HP will give more projection and less width. 

I would suggest doing the rice test at home. 

Take a pair of nylons, fill each with dry rice ( 1 ounce = approx 30 cc ) and wear that inside your bra for a day. It will give you a good idea of how much added volume will make you feel. 

Your before pic shows a slight nipple position asymmetry. I would caution you to know that after implants, this nipple position asymmetry will be MORE obvious, not less. It's not a bad thing, but something you should be aware of. 

The general rule with implants: 

1. if there is a slight size difference, implants will make the size look more even. 

2. if there is a slight shape / nipple position difference, implants will sometimes make this worse or more obvious because the result is magnified. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

Either size you mentioned should help you achieve a round and full look. High profile implants give patients the roundest appearance for the width. You can always ask to try in some sizers before surgery to help decide 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

I want the round look from a breast augmentation...

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

***Given your concerns, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “rounder look” or "C or D cup” to "too big on me" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

I want the round look from a BA, I am trying to decide between 45 320cc implants, or SRX 285cc implants?

Hard to answer this question without an in person exam and specific breast measurements. Remember that there is no direct correlation between implant size (cc's) and cup size. Best option is to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket. Sizers will only give you a rough estimate. The goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the ideal implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. Good luck!!

Implant selection

Hello, your plastic surgeon will be your best source of advice which of these implants would fit your breast dimensions.  If you are undecided I would suggest contacting your surgeon for advice.

Breast Augmentation

In cases like yours I believe that computer imaging is very useful. Imaging will allow you to see a simulation of what different implants will look like in your body.In addition a physical examination will allow a more accurate answer to your question.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Deciding on implants

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD

Breast implant size

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Trying to decide between implant size and styles?

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. or the implant style.  The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon