Hit on nose w/ a ball 8 months post op. Any suggestions?

I got a closed incision septorhinoplasty in December last year. The doctor did an ostectomy and removed a hump, and used sutures to narrow my nose tip. Today I got hit directly on the nose with a bouncy rubber ball thrown from about 5 feet away, and the pain was not major, but a minor throbbing is persisting. I heard that my nose is pretty stable by now and minor trauma can't rebreak my nose, but I'm still nervous. Is there a chance my septum could have shifted, or the hump could reform?

Trauma to nose

Based on what you've described, your nose is probably fine.  If something actually broke, often times you will have a bloody nose.  However, you may benefit from an examination.  As such, I recommend that you see your surgeon.  Good luck.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose trauma

Thank you for your question.It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have, seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best. It is hard to tell if you did any damage without a nasal examination. There is a possibly, as any trauma to the nose can cause damage even if you don’t notice it from the outside. Best to go get it checked out by your surgeon. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma 8 Months After Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, it is a very common one.
In all likelihood, you did not cause any damage to your nose, as you are pretty far out from your surgery.  Still, if you are concerned, I recommend contacting your surgeon for an evaluation.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Nasal trauma after septorhinoplasty

Anything is possible but unlikely. However, you should see your surgeon or a different rhinoplasty specialist if your surgeon is unavailable to be examined. If your nose does not look different when looking in the mirror and your nasal breathing did not worsen, chances are no harm was done. Good luck!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon