How can I help this heal quickly it has been like this for 2 weeks. (photo)

I'm on antibiotics and have been seeing plastic surgeon?

How can I help this breast lift with implant incision heal quickly it has been like this for 2 weeks.

A superficial loss of skin in this area of a breast lift incision is common and typically heals well.  Your wound looks clean and appropriately treated.  New skin growth or reepithelialization can take 4-6 weeks from this point.  Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and keep the wound clean.

How to Help This Heal

I'm glad you're continuing to follow along with your plastic surgeon regarding this.  They know you, and your surgery best.  Keeping the wound clean, protected, and free of infection will help that heal well.  Again, I would continue to follow your plastic surgeon's advice.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast augmentation: How can I help this heal quickly?

It's always best to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol. I would advise my patient, if she was not allergic to sulfa medications, that 10 to 12 days of topical Silvadene cream (silver sulfadiazine) should do the job for healing. Hope this helps and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Incision Care

Seeing your Plastic Surgeon regularly is important. As long as you are healthy and do not smoke, This should heal well with minimal wound care intervention.

All the best

Wound healing issue

These types of wound healing issues are not uncommon.  They will heal with time and conservative measures like using antibiotic ointment.  Continue to follow-up with your surgeon. They are the best person to monitor your progress.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Open wound 2 weeks after breast lift or reduction

Thank you for asking about your breast surgery.

• Wounds like this can take weeks to heal but should slowly be getting smaller.
  • Follow the plastic surgeon's advice - and arrange to be checked at intervals to be sure it is healing as it should.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

How can I help this heal quickly it has been like this for 2 weeks.

These types of problems do heal but take some time. Discuss with your plastic surgeon if needed and ask about proper wound care. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Help with healing

Sorry to hear things are going slowly.

Sometimes it just take time. You should follow the advice of your PS and a well balanced diet can help as well as avoiding smoking or being around those who smoke.

best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon