Third hair transplant. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am planning to get my third hair transplant since my second one was sparse and poor density but I am kind of confused having consultation with two different doctors one said add 1500 grafts the other said 2500 grafts one of the doc said my yield will be low since I have two surgerys prior and it may have scar on my recipent sites to give lower yield and poor growth the othet doctor said it will be no different since you can transplant hair even on a scar surfaces which doc is correct how much I need

1,500 to 2,500

1,500 to 2,500 is probably reasonable.  Without discussing exactly what your expectations are, it's difficult to narrow the number down more than that.  While 1,000 is a large discrepancy between doctors it's not uncommon to find different opinions. Maybe get a third opinion?

Two transplants that did not meet expectations

You have a doctor problem with the quality of the work that was done. You need to find a doctor with a good track record, good credentials and lots of experience. See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you had two doctors give you very different opinions, and one sounds too good to be true, it may be just that.

If you had two doctors give you very different opinions, and one sounds too good to be true, it may be just that.  Perhaps you can see other doctors to get a better assessment. You've been disappointment TWO TIMES already.Don't set yourself up for a THIRD.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Poor density after two transplants

pinky mini,

It is best to have a thorough evaluation that includes a scalp examination with dermoscopy. What hair transplant procedures did you have?  How big were they? Are you male or female, it is difficult to tell from these limited views. Work up to include a scalp biopsy may be needed. You are correct that it is poor density, even for one procedure much less two. Best of luck!

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Poor density after two transplants to lower female hairline

Hello, pinkymini —

The photos show disappointing density after two hair transplants; good hairline density is always desirable, particularly for women (since a thinning look is not acceptable). My concern is that even a third procedure — whatever the number of grafts — may not give you the result you want, and that scarring in the recipient area could be a factor. You could certainly give it a try, but does that mean you'd be looking at a fourth transplant if you still did not have adequate density? Before you use up any more of your donor area, I think a better approach for you might be to see a facial plastic surgeon who could discuss a hairline advancement/forehead reduction procedure with you. I believe I am the first one to submit an answer to your question — it will be interesting to see the opinions and recommendations of other surgeons. 

I wish you you the best in resolving this problem. 
Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon