Would I be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and jaw augmentation? (Photo)

In addition to the rhinoplasty and jaw augmentation, I was also considering having my ears reduced and getting a chin tuck to remove the double chin that appears whenever I straighten up my posture. Would I be a good candidate for such surgeries? Am I considering the proper solutions?

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

A rhinoplasty/ chin implant procedure  can accomplish improvement of facial balance and proportions.  The nose can be reduced and refined which would include shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection, narrowing the bridge line and refining the tip.  A chin implant can be placed through a small incision underneath the chin to augment the mandible to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the nose.  Liposuction of the fatty deposits in the neck can improve the jawline.  For more information and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty and Jaw Augmentation?

You are an excellent candidate or a rhinoplasty to narrow your nose and define your nasal tip combined with a chin implant and liposuction of your neck. This will improve your facial balance and proportions. These pictures do not show any need to reduce your ears. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist; the chin and nose are frequently done at the same time. Your ideas are right on track

Rhinoplasty with chin implant

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from chin implant placed at the same time.  Submental liposuction can also improve your neck contour.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty & jaw augmentation candidate

Thank you for your question and photographs. From the look of your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty and Chin/Jaw Augmentation along with neck liposuction. It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon to find one who is board certified.  To fully evaluate your nose, I would recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and have a full facial and nasal examination performed.  However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size. In regards to your jaw, I would suggest jaw and chin implants to give you a more squared jaw and projecting chin to match your nose projection. The excess fat under your chin also referred to as a “double chin” can be reduced by liposuction or PCDC (fat dissolving) injections. I hope this helps.
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Consultation is best idea

by looking at your photographs, you may benefit from chin augmentation and a subtle rhinoplasty.  A great idea would be to meet with your surgeon and show him what displeases you, so your surgeon can show you what is possible.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty / chin implant

in a word, yes. You will benefit from a discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over the specifics of what you don't like about your nose and what you want done. Expectations are essential for post surgical happiness.
Best

David Shifrin, MD