Do I need a full tummy tuck, mini or just lipo? (Photo)

Do I need a full tummy tuck or a mini tuck or just lipo? I had lipo only to the front of my stomach 3months ago! Can my hernia be removed with either? How is a hernia removed?

Tummy tuck or just lipo?

The hernia can only be fixed with either a mini or full abdominoplasty.  With the amount of skin laxity that I see above the belly button, I would recommend a full abdominoplasty.

Full TT

You would benefit from a full tummy tuck plus umbilical hernia repair. With these procedures your muscle laxity, hernia, and skin excess may all be addressed.  

DrBurnett#realself100

Carlos Burnett, MD, FACS
Westfield Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a full tummy tuck, mini or just lipo?

Thank you for your question. You had lipo 3 months ago, so no more lipo at this time. At this time I recommend you wait 3-4 months and reevaluate. If you have excess skin tummy tuck can be done and hernia can be fixed at the same time.

Ven Erella, MD

Since you already had lipo, you may want to consider a tummy tuck. However, an in-personal evaluation would be the best way to answer your questions. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question.  Unfortunately, the photograph is not of sufficient quality to allow for accurate assessment and/or specific advice. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

A hernia, by definition, is a defect (or hole) in the abdominal wall fascia;  this defect is  usually repaired utilizing sutures and/or mesh.   Please make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. I hope this, and the attached links, helps.