Which Fractionated C02 laser is the best for treating pitted acne scars? Fraxel Re:pair or Sandstone Cortex?

CORTEX Laser wavelength : 10,600nm Laser mode: Tem 00 Power to tissue: up to 40 watts Tissue exposure modes: Continuous/Blend/Super Pulse Peak power: up to 200 watts Aiming beam: 2MW Delivery system: Articulated arm FRAXEL repair wavelength 10,600nm Mode of action Ablative penetration: up to 1.6mm Energy up to 70Mj (PER MTZ) Hand piece technology: –600 micron (superficial treatments) 135 micron (deep treatments) 0.2 mm Surgical Incisional handpiece 2.0 mm Surgical Ablative handpiece

Fraxel laser for acne scars

I have found the Fraxel laser the gold standard for treating acne scars.  It takes several treatments at the 1550 wavelength spaced one month apart between treatments.  The acne scars are slowly minimized with each successive treatment.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with the Fraxel laser.

Best Fractionated Laser for the Treatment of Pitted Acne Scars

Hi Nov,

The best fractionated CO2 lasers for the treatment of acne scars and facial skin resurfacing have a coagulation to ablation ratio of 1:1. Fraxel repair laser has that ratio and I personally consider it one of the best lasers for the treatment of acne scars. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon