Follow up question: Is fat transfer breast augmentation a good option for a woman with a naturally thin frame? (photo)

Again, I am 5'5", 112 lbs, 16-17% body fat. I am an A cup and have fat in my butt/though area that could be taken (though I hope not too much!)
To see the previous question, please click here. 

Fat Transfer

A person’s own fat may be used to improve the appearance of his or her body by moving it from an area of excess (or where it is less desired, such as the thighs, hips or abdomen) to an area that has lost tissue volume due to aging, trauma, surgery, certain diseases, birth defects, or other causes.
Ideal candidates are in good health, and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions. Fat grafting is most often used for the face, breasts and buttocks. Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.
Fat for lipoinjection, also called fat transfer, is removed from unwanted areas of the body by a narrow blunt tip surgical instrument with side holes, called a cannula, through a small incision. The fat is then cleaned with sterile saline solution before being restored to the body. The fat is then injected into the desired area using either a smaller cannula or needle, or it may be placed directly through an incision. Since some of the fat that is transferred does not remain over time, your surgeon may inject more than is ultimately needed to achieve the desired end result. Over a few weeks, the amount of transferred fat will decrease.
There is a limit of how much fat can be safely injected into one area. The amount of fat that remains over time is variable from patient to patient. For some patients, more fat or other fillers may need to be transferred in a subsequent surgery to maintain or supplement the desired results.

Fat transfer to the breast involves a relatively short recovery - just a few weeks.

#breastaugmentation
#BA
#fattransferBA

Difficult to say

First and foremost, it depends on your expectations for an increase in breast size. Yes, you are thin. This makes the donor sites limited and the buttocks are not a great donor site. I generally prefer the hips, inner thighs, outer thighs and abdomen in that order but other surgeons may vary in their preferences. I believe the BRAVA device helps to optimize fat graft take. I have several examples of thin patients in the photo gallery located at FatTransferBreastAug.com

Fat transfer will result in some fat loss. This may produce scars, cysts, masses or calcifications that will potentially interfere with physical, mammographic, oncologic or surgical examination of the breast. In many instances this will result in similar findings to those following breast reduction.  

Fat grafting to breast

Thanks for the pictures. Given what I can see, I don't think you will have enough fat to donate for fat grafting.
In women you have enough fat, fat grafting can give them a very natural but sutle augmentation.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

From the pictures submitted, it appears that you are not a good candidate for fat transfer as a means to augment the breasts.  Not only would there be a problem of obtaining an adequate amount of fat, but also there could be irregularities created at the donor site.  I believe breast implants would be your best option. 

James French, MD
Annandale Plastic Surgeon

Is fat transfer breast augmentation a good option for a woman with a naturally thin frame?

Fat Transfer is not good for you , because 1. you dont have sufficient fat 2. all the injected fat does not survive 3. you need significant increase ij breast size and fat will give you minimal result. Silicon implants are the best for you.

Priti Shukla, Mch
India Plastic Surgeon

Success in fat transfer to the breast depends on individual expectations

Dear bareft!

As you have already read by many of the doctors before, the typical question would be you probably are not a good candidate for fat trasfer to the breast.
However, it really depends on your expectations. If you are also happy with a liposuction procedure in your buttock/thigh area and if you just want a minimal enhancement of your breasts, then you should probably go for it In any other case, you would be a perfect candidate for wisely chosen breast implants!
Anyway, best luck for you!
Regards from Austria,
G Huemer

Georg M. Huemer, MD, MSc, MBA
Austria Plastic Surgeon

Breasts augmentation

Dear bareft,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. From your pictures, you appear to be small A cup size. Think about your question logically. If fat injection would have been consistent and reliable, most  women would have preferred fat injection for breasts augmentation over breasts implants. The reality is that breasts augmentation with implants is the number one cosmetic surgery in the US... I have taken the one week course on fat injection and saw presentations in our professional society meetings. The most enlargement that the presenters achieved was 1/2 - 1 cup size and that was after multiple injection attempts. The cost is obviously very high. In my opinion, this procedure, at most, can be suitable for breasts reconstruction but not for cosmetic breasts augmentation where the standard threshold and the quality of expectations are much higher . You are an excellent candidate fro breasts augmentation with implants, however, not all results are the same because experience and skills are of paramount importance. So , do your due diligence carefully. Consult only with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Pay special attention to the cleavage area, the perkiness, the symmetry and the natural look.        
                                 Dr Widder

Fat grafting can not give you cup enlargement

You have minimal fat to donate for your breast and the results would not be impressive. I offer patients with similar breast and body shape combination of fat grafting and implants. I use implants for size and dat for cleavage and soft tissue enhsncement 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer on a thin woman.

Fat transfer  requires a donor source for the fat. Removing fat from a thin individual risks leaving depressions and contour irregularities.   Most patients only retain about 50% of the fast that is transferred. Some surgeons report greater success, but the scientific literature supports a number closer to 50%.

Fat transfer for breast augmentation?

You have little fat to transfer, which in turn may partial absorb over time, leaving you with a very minimal change on your breast augmentation.  In our practice, the answer would be no.  But you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation with implants. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon