Can I fix my asymmetrical eyes? (Photo)

Hello, I noticed that my eyes were asymmetrical, and I want to fix it. Would a certain type of surgery work, such as brow bone reduction? Thank you.

Doctor Answers 2

There are very few surgeons in the world who can help you do this.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This requires high definition blepharoplasty.  You have bilateral lash ptosis and a tiny amount of heaviness in the left upper eyelid compared with the right side.  I do a procedure that I call structured microblepharoplasty to address small issues like this.  Typically this includes an anchor blepharoplasty with a low crease incision, an anchor blepharoplasty to support the eyelashes, and minimal ptosis correction.  Study the accompanying video.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Eyelid assymetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From your photograph there appears to be more of the eyelid platform visible on your left upper eyelid (the eyelid seen on the right side of your photograph). The degree of asymmetry is quite small and probably not visible to anyone other than you. This could potentially be treated with a  blepharoplasty, dermal fillers or fat injections. However, no matter which technique was used, there is likely to be some asymmetry afterwards. I would recommend that you speak to an experienced eyelid surgeon, but would also caution you that since the asymmetry is not that obvious that you consider not treating it at this time.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.