Feeling normal 2 weeks after Tummy Tuck

Hi! Im Sue. I'm 24 years old and I lost 77 pounds in a year. I had a FTT with muscle repair + Lipo on flanks done 2 weeks ago with a very reputable PS. I'm concerned because i don't feel any pintching in my abdomen after yesterday feeling quite terrible extremelly swollen and tight. My PS even had to try and aspirate something but nothing came out and she thought that i was feeling like that due to my menstruation and now the day after i don't feel much disconfort. Is this normal?

Postop

Glad everything is progressing well. Swelling is not unusual postop and should settle - An ultrasound scan would probably be worthwhile before any further consideration of aspiration. Keep in touch with your PS but it can take a good 6 weeks for swelling to settle. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

Everyone recovers different and it really depends on how you had been doing thus far. It is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Sometimes a surgeon may recommend a compression garment or an abdominal binder to help with comfort. Best of luck with a speedy recovery, MMT

Feeling normal 2 weeks after tummy tuck.

Of course without seeing you we can't know just what is going on with your recovery. It seems very unlikely your cycle have anything to do with things but stay in touch with your surgeon for advice.

Feeling Normal

Hello Sue,

Thank you very much for your question.

Without pictures, or even better, a physical evaluation, it's difficult to know what's going on.  I recommend you continue to follow closely with your plastic surgeon, and they will guide you through the process.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon