What's up with my eyes and eyebrows, why are they so different? (photo)

In photos, I always see how different my eyes and eyebrows look. One eye seems to have more lid show and the eyebrow is a lot higher. I also have some strange skin on the inner corner that nobody else in my family has? How can I correct all this and make my eyes more symmetrical?

Eye asymmetry

Your eyes have normal asymmetry and based solely on the photo presented, I would not recommend any surgery.

You may see it and we can see the slight asymmetry in your eyes and eyebrows but not so much others.

As other responding doctors note here, not even super models are perfectly symmetric.  In fact some are down right asymmetric.  It has been said that beauty is the absence of distractions but that is not true.  It seems that  our most beautiful models have characteristic that add a degree of interest or mystery.  Here is the bottom line for you, given how beautiful you are, it is critical to understand the benefit of doing something out weights the risk.  As much as we surgeons want to believe that we anointed to make every thing we touch better, that is simply not true.  So if every thing has a down side risk, you need a big enough issue that the potential benefits outweigh the risk.  Depending on your motivation, a careful consultation is essential to fully assess your issues.  I would recommend non-surgical help like a small amount of subbrow filler on the left side or a Microdroplet Lift with cosmetic botulinum toxin.  You have a small difference in brow bone shape.  The left upper eyelid is a trace heavier than the right.  Less is more.

What's up with my eyes and eyebrows?

look at a magazine close up of your favorite celebrities. Cover one half of the face and then the other. You will realize that even the "perfect" model is not symmetrical in her face.  Your eyes and eyebrows look great!  I recommend you stay away from surgery right now. 

Andrew M. Lofman, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Why are eyes so different

The face is never  totally symmetrical in anyone.  It is very normal to have subtle differences in the two sides, whether it is the brows, eyes, the nose, corners of the mouth etc.  it is these differences in the two sides of the face that actually creates an interesting and better looking face.  At this time both your eyes and brows are very normal and attractive.  I would not recommend any surgical or non-surgical treatment.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

What's up with my eyes and eyebrows, why are they so different?

GreetingsThank you for your question and photo. Based on your photo i do not see any problem through your photo and you do not need any surgery. 

Normal asymmetry

Your eyelids and eyebrows are wonderfully normal and beautiful! You have some very subtle asymmetry - normal - you don't need correction - surgical or otherwise. Surgery is often permanent and has risks and trade-offs. When an incision is made, you will have a scar - even if it is tucked into a crease or hidden, it will be there... Surgeons often see patients who have had one too many operations in an attempt to reach an illusive endpoint whether it's "beauty" or "symmetry" or looking good in photos. A sense of purpose and setting goals for your future are much more important - you are blessed with a natural beauty - I would recommend enjoying it!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye asymmetries

Thanks for the question.  Asymmetries of the eyes and eyebrows are the norm rather than the exception.  Brow position asymmetries are very common.  Your right brow is slightly higher than your left but this is hard to determine without confirming that both brows are at rest.  It is very easy to create a voluntary brow asymmetry which is not present at rest.  The strange skin you are describing is an epicanthal fold.  Given the minor asymmetries presented, I would not recommend any surgical intervention at this time.  Please use caution in the pursuit of perfect symmetry of the face.  It is often not an achievable pursuit.

My eyelids don't look even and symmetric

You are very observant about noting the subtle differences in your eyelids and eyebrows, but I must agree with my other professionals who have advised you in other discussions.  I fully agree that you are quite normal and at this time would not recommend surgeryBy the way, your description of the additional skin that you see along the inner side of the eyelids is called an epicanthal fold, a very normal extra fold of skin seen in many Asian patients as a normal feature , and also can be seen in many non Asian individuals.  It has nothing to do with an abnormality, certainly not requiring surgery.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Most people, even super models have some facial asymmetries. You have a very attractive appearance and most ethical plastic surgeons would tell you not to undergo any eyelid or brow surgery at this time.
Robert Singer, MD  FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Your brows are perfect, a totally normal asymmetry.  I have a 14 year old daughter who is obsessed with brows, she would love yours.  Please don't give it another thought.  Go have fun, Jane.