Do you think I am eligible for my insurance to cover a breast reduction with blue cross blue shield?

I weigh 148lbs and am 6ft 7in. My breasts are 34 DDDs

Breast reduction and insurance coverage

Breast reductions are often covered by insurances depending on your breast size and symptoms. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to determine what is the best surgical plan for you and if you are a candidate for insurance coverage. 

I am I eligible for a breast reduction?

Thank you for your question but the only way to know if you will meet the criteria is to call your insurance company and ask what their requirements are and what they will cover.  Each insurance company is different and I would first visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss with you what can be done give you realistic expectations based on your body.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

I'm guessing you are 5'7'' rather than what you typed, but either way you may be a candidate for insurance coverage for a reduction of your breast size. The only way to know would be to see an experienced surgeon for a consultation and exam and then the surgeon will contact the insurance company with the physical symptoms and findings and the insurance company will let the doctor know if you meet their requirements for surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I am eligible for my insurance to cover a breast reduction.

The only way to know if your insurance will cover breast reduction is to see a plastic surgeon in your health plan and have him complete a predetermination of benefits. You will then know shortly just what is covered.