Is it easy for a surgeon to remove deep sutures if they are causing nerve irritation?

I think I might have some nerve irritation in my thigh from my tummy tuck. I know this can resolve on its own, but if it doesn't is it easy for the surgeon to go back in and remove any deep sutures which may be compressing the nerve? Is that a big operation? Or can it be done easily?

Possible Suture Removal

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened  several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If you are worried about your sutures it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to check the healing process and see if the sutures can be removed immediately. Good luck.