Doctors who widen nostrils/alar bases? (Photos)

I'm trying to have something like this done (my case is not as severe), but it is so hard to know who can do something like this because doctors primarily show images of alar base reductions instead. How do I find a doctor who can widen nostrils or bases like this? Is it a specialty or are most capable of doing this?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 2

Widen nostrils/base

Thanks for your question. As mentioned by other providers the example you have shown is pretty specific to repair of congenital disorders. It is actually pretty rare for someone to need this type of technique unless there is a deformity from birth or trauma. I would caution you to seek out a very experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon as these techniques are very difficult to perform, if you are even a candidate. Hope this helps. 

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Alar Base

The maneuver you are referring to is typically done for a cleft lip patient to correct the nasal deformity.There are several characteristic deformations that benefit from a graft. In most non cleft patients what you showed is not advisable as the scar from the graft is visible.

Jay M. Pensler, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.