Doc tried Cellfina for the line under my bottom. This area has rippling. Will this go away over time? Will my skin heal? (Photo)

Cellfina question - I had Cellfina about 3 months ago. My doctor tried Cellfina for the line under my bottom, I see on this site called the banana roll. This was not cellulite. Now this area has rippling that was not there before and it looks like cellulite. It looks worse than before. My question is, will this go away over time, will my skin heal? Or is this permanent damage? Please see photo attached, hope it is clear. Thanks for your help!

Cellfina not for "Banana Roll"

Cellfina is designed to treat dimpling cellulite in the buttocks and thighs.  It is very effective in improving these specific conditions.  The banana roll (area of upper thigh right below buttocks) should not be treated with Cellfina as it can make this area worse.  I recommend following up with your physician to see what other options are available.

Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite vs banana roll

The banana roll area should be avoided during cellfina treatments because in this area it can cause out pouchings. You may benefit from an ultherapy treatment over the region to try and correct this. 

Arash Moradzadeh, MD

Cellfina Post Treatment Indentations, Swelling, Bruising on Legs

Swelling or rippling is not normal this far out from the procedure.  Our patients do z wave or cellutone/shock therapy and venus legacy/exilis ultra starting a day after treatment. This may still help. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina in banana roll area

It would be helpful to see the appearance of both banana rolls before and after treatment. This can certainly be a tricky area for all of us. We are typically wary of treating this area with Cellfina because of concern about worsening the contour here.

Cellfina

It would be helpful to compare to the other side to compare.  If there was a dimple released there I cannot tell without the before and after treatment photos.  You should have had standard photos taken.Being care in this area is always important.

Healing after cellfina

Cellfina targets the primary structural cause of cellulite - the connective bands woven throughout fat in the thighs and buttocks. These bands pull down the skin, creating the puckering you see on the surface of the skin. Cellfina is a small needle-sized device which treats the bands just below the skin’s surface. Similar to a rubber band under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out.Generally these areas smooth with time..  We do Cellfina Platinum which includes other modalities to smooth and tighten the skin