What is this depression in my nose after rhinoplasty?

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty 7 months ago and was not sure about a few explanations from my doctor so I got a second opinion by another doctor. I was told the main reason why a callous/shifted cartilage sticks out so much and is so visible to myself is because I have a lot of depression in my nose. What exactly is depression? Thanks!

Nasal Depression

Depression means indentation.  You mentioned callous, which typically causes an elevation, or bump.  Some patients have a combination of both.  I hope this helps. 

Nasal depression

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, without seeing any photos of your nose it is difficult to give an educated opinion about your concerns. The explanation you received is somewhat vague and the terminology ("depression") is unclear without context. Thanks.

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon