Dent on bottom breast? (Photo)

I had beast augmentation 12 days ago and have been having a problem with "shifting sensations" and sharp pain on my left breast. It felt uneven down there so I snapped a pic and there seems to be a dent. Any idea why this is? How long until the pain subsides 520CC saline, under muscle, crease incision

Dent on bottom of breast?

Thank you for your question and photo.  The "dent" at your incision could be related to an internal suture.  It would be expected at 12 days postop to have some puckering at the incision, this should improve with time.  Keep your follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Breast dent

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon in the early healing phases after surgery to have unusual sensations, and they usually resolve.  However if you have any concerns it is best to followup with your surgeon for an assessment.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dent

Twelve days after surgery is early and there is still quite a bit of swelling present.  Allie for some time to pass snd the swelling will improve 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Dent on bottom breast?

The "dent" appears to be along the suture line and may be due to an internal suture. At 12 days out, it is normal for the suture line to be raised and "lumpy" and as the swelling subsides and the implants drop, the tissues will settle and fill out along the bottom. Best to give yourself adequate time to heal and then reassess your results. If you are having severe sharp pains, best to let your operating surgeon know so he or she can evaluate you in person. Good luck!

Dent

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question! It is a little difficult to tell exactly what is going on from the photo alone. However, I can say that 12 days post operatively is very soon after surgery! The key is to be patient. Many things smooth out and fill out as time goes on. After 5-7 days pain should start to decrease on a daily basis requiring less and less pain medication. You should express these concerns with your plastic surgeon and follow their recommendations. I wish you all the best in your recovery!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon