Would it be contraindicated to get lip injections after a 20 mile run?

I'm training for a marathon and trying to plan how to get lip injections. my NP told me not to exercise the day after and to expect swelling the day after. I'm trying to find a day where I don't have to exercise the day after and I can only find a weekend where I'd have to do a 20 miler that morning before injections. would that be poorly planned? thanks!

Lip injections

Hello, and thanks for your question. This should not be a problem. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Difficult timing

Thanks for the great question! As long as your heart rate was back down into your normal range after your run, then there shouldn't be a problem getting your lips injected after the run. Good luck on your training! Go Cubs!~Dr. Sieber

Lip Injections after Working Out

It likely would not be a problem to get the injections after running 20 miles.  We have plenty of patients that work out in the morning and then get injections afterward.  Hope that helps.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL